Thursday, June 9, 2011

Perfect Weekend Trip: Southern California!

So for memorial weekend my boyfriend Nathan and I were trying to decide what to do like hiking, camping, sports etc.... but sadly Utah had been raining for the past two weeks so we decided that we would go to Los Angeles and stay with Nathan's brother David and sister-in-law Amy. It was seriously the perfect weather and location to have a fun memorial weekend. We spent most of our trip in San Diego though which was completely beautiful. I had only been to California once before and it was with a school trip and we didn't get to go do a lot of fun kind of local things. We did the big things like Disneyland and Sea World. We did stop by the beach but it was March and FREEZING!!! So this trip was packed with firsts.

Top 15 lists of firsts in California:
1. Staying in a skyscraper of apartments
2. Eating in a really cool lounge on the top of a skyscraper
3. Having dinner by the marina
4. Going to Santa Monica beach
5. Driving down to San Diego in a convertible
6. Walking on a pier
7. Seeing the sunset on a pier with my best friend
8. Going to Coronado Island
9. Playing in the water and laying out on the beach
10. Driving through downtown San Diego
11. Eating in Little Italy district of San Diego
12. Seeing the San Diego Temple
13. Having a bonfire on the beach withHot Dogs, smores, and an ice cream cake
14. Seeing the L.A. Temple
15. Eating an enormous buffet in the Excalibar hotel in Las Vegas

That's basically a list of what we did for 5 days. It was a beautiful trip with great company! I loved trying out new things and seeing some really beautiful sights! My favorite place we ate out was the Cheesecake Factory out in Santa Monica because it sits right next to the marina. You can sit out on the decks with twinkly lights, candles, and heaters. So beautiful!!! My favorite beach was on Coronado Island. It was the softest sand I have ever felt and was such a beautiful island! My favorite part was spending 5 whole days with my best friend specifically watching the sunset with him! I loved this trip and often wish I could go back especially when I look at the pictures!

DSCN0475
This was the view out the window of David and Amy's apartment in L.A. (Disney Concert Hall)


DSCN0490
Nathan and I at Santa Monica Beach! So beautiful!

DSCN0496
Cheesecake Factory in Santa Monica on the Marina

DSCN0504
Nathan and I at the San Diego Temple it's really gorgeous!!

DSCN0512
Ocean Beach Pier Sunday night. It was a really really long pier!

DSCN0525
Another shot of the pier

DSCN0535
Nathan and I at the end of the pier.

DSCN0538
More of the sunset!

DSCN0561
Almost down

DSCN0573
The waves were so big that day so we went over to those rocks to get closer to the waves.


DSCN0613
Monday at Coronado island. BEAUTIFUL!!!

DSCN0621
Ocean Beach sunset on Monday.

DSCN0634
It was Amy's birthday on Monday so we celebrated on the beach with an ice cream cake.

DSCN0641
Tuesday Nathan and I stopped by the L.A. temple. It was a lot bigger than I thought.

DSCN0654
On our way back Nathan and I ate at the Round Table Buffet at the Excalibar hotel in Las Vegas.

1 comment:

GayleV said...

Love the pictures of the temples and the ones from the pier! Just gorgeous. The Cheesecake Factory is good, but Greg and I are always amazed how much 2 people can spend there!! You are making me jealous that we didn't go out to Coronado island. Sounds like a lovely beach. Several people recommended it to us, but we ended up not going up that way. Glad you had a good time!